The sculptor Heinrich Wadere was born on July 2, 1865 in Colma (Alsace). After an apprenticeship in a woodcarving studio, Wadere studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich. In 1900, he was appointed as professor for figurative sculpture at the Academy of Applied Art, also in Munich.
At this time, Heinrich Wadere also kept a close connection to the woodcarving school in Oberammergau. Wadere became known for his medallions and monuments, which commemorated many different people and causes, for example, the Richard Wagner Memorial at Prinzregentenplatz in Munich (erected 1913). For his plastic works, he was a recognized member of the Munich school.
Heinrich Wadere died on February 27, 1950, in Munich.